When you have a question about workplace wellness or need some productivity tips, Kat Boogaard is your girl. Over the past eight years, she’s built a thriving career as a freelance writer. She spends her days completing projects, sharing everything she’s learned with other freelancers, and enjoying time with her growing family.
But it wasn’t always this way.
Kat joins us this week to share the realities of starting out as a freelancer and learning to balance work and family today. From big wins to Hot Cheeto cryfests, she takes us deep into her journey. Whether you need encouragement for your own freelance experience or want to know how to live a life aligned with your values, this is one conversation you don’t want to miss.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you should let writers know that their work made an impact, plus the best ways to do it.
- What led Kat to pursue freelance writing when she wanted to venture out on her own.
- How she went from lifestyle blogging to writing about storage units to finding her niche in career-focused content.
- Her struggle to find clients and paying work in the first few years of freelancing.
- To recognize the hard moments, your decision to keep trying, and everything you learned in those struggles.
- How Kat learned to trust herself and have confidence in her ability to do hard things.
- That success may require hard work, skills, connections, and grit, but sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time.
- The ways freelancing tests your relationship with surrender.
- To know your values so you can find fulfillment and contentment in the work you do.
- About the hard decisions you have to make every day to shape a work-life balance that brings you joy.
Find Kat on her website, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.